Friday, March 27, 2026

Those that do

 I have to believe that like myself I think of people going through hard times often ... and also like many people, that is where it stops - I think about them and maybe even pray for them, BUT they have no idea that I am thinking and or praying for them. But I have a couple of folks in my life that have been sending a card every couple of weeks and can I tell you what a difference that makes!  It doesn't necessarily make a hard day good, but man, it makes the dull life that I seem to be walking in brighter.  

Now, I am not writing this in hopes to get more cards, though I wouldn't turn them away - I am writing this because I think most of us need to know what a difference a card can make, even a text, a phone call or any type of connection.  It is huge!   So, if you have someone in your life - close or not - this is your challenge today - send a card, a text, make a phone call, pop in for a visit or invite them out for a coffee or dinner.  Someone in grief or going through another challenge shouldn't be avoided because it makes you uncomfortable, not knowing what to say or whatever the reason, this is exactly when they need community.  And maybe you, like me are going through something, that also doesn't stop us from reaching out to others that are experience loss or other hard things in life.  

Stop by the store or find a piece of paper, write a note and get it in the mail. Pick up the phone and send a text or make a call. If you are reading this let's be the people that remember AND do something to let the other know they are being remembered in this time.  It will make a difference in their life, and I am pretty sure its going to help you as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment