I am a dog person.
But I like cats and at the present time am a cat owner. She first was rescued by some colleagues - well, they were told they rescued him from a street corner...about 6 months later they found out he was a she. Anyway, when they left for the states - she took up residence at my place. I would have preferred a dog - but cats are much easier for a busy lifestyle, and I have grown to like her quite a lot.
One thing I like about my cat is that she is actually, quite dog-like. She comes when I whistle and she loves to fetch. I enjoy these attributes because if I am going to have a cat its nice if its like a dog. BUT one dog attribute that is becoming more problematic is her chewing. We have had many cats in my lifetime and none of them chewed. But Dandy, she is a chewer. Her favorite things are photographs, but just in the past two days she has upgraded to slippers. It was this that prompted this blog... tonight when returning home I opened my door to step on multiple slippers and shoes that had been displaced by her - no major signs of chewing but I know that is her goal.
So much for enjoying her dog-like qualities, but I guess I can live with it until it's a good pair of shoes.
haha! Dandy and Zoe should meet...they would be good friends! I think of you everytime she opens her mouth and chews something she has no right chewing! She has yet to get ahold of the kitchen chairs....but then, Dandy is a professional!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you SOON!!!