Road trip – Police Escort and Forgiveness
So, last Thursday at 7AM I loaded in a car with 3 others and we headed on a 13 hour trip north. I am a sleeper traveler… so as conversation was going on around me… I drifted in and out of sleep. I think it is quite a gift to sleep in such situations because I can arrive where I am going and feel pretty good. I was awake enough to take in a few new sights and see more of my neighboring countries – but realistically most of it looks the same throughout this region… don’t tell the nationals that though – there is great pride in their individual countries.
Anyway, the thing that was great was as we made our way into Sarajevo, on the cell phone trying to figure out where we were going – we were pulled over by the police. I have to think the main reason we were pulled over were our MK plates. But our driver got out and began to talk with the officer. He said this is my first time to Sarajevo and I am a protestant priest, won’t you forgive me. They asked well, where are you going? He told them, and they said you are in the wrong part of the city – follow us. So, we got a police escort to our meeting place and when we pulled up to it, the officer rolled down his window and said your fine is forgiven.
We will see how our return trip goes tomorrow – but I have to think that not much could beat that!
So, last Thursday at 7AM I loaded in a car with 3 others and we headed on a 13 hour trip north. I am a sleeper traveler… so as conversation was going on around me… I drifted in and out of sleep. I think it is quite a gift to sleep in such situations because I can arrive where I am going and feel pretty good. I was awake enough to take in a few new sights and see more of my neighboring countries – but realistically most of it looks the same throughout this region… don’t tell the nationals that though – there is great pride in their individual countries.
Anyway, the thing that was great was as we made our way into Sarajevo, on the cell phone trying to figure out where we were going – we were pulled over by the police. I have to think the main reason we were pulled over were our MK plates. But our driver got out and began to talk with the officer. He said this is my first time to Sarajevo and I am a protestant priest, won’t you forgive me. They asked well, where are you going? He told them, and they said you are in the wrong part of the city – follow us. So, we got a police escort to our meeting place and when we pulled up to it, the officer rolled down his window and said your fine is forgiven.
We will see how our return trip goes tomorrow – but I have to think that not much could beat that!
No comments:
Post a Comment