Thursday, April 2, 2026

April showers bring May flowers

 April is Donate Life month.  As an advocate with CORE (Center for Organ Recovery and Education) I will be spending several days this month at flag raisings at different hospitals.  Tomorrow I will be attending my first at AGH Wexford.  I will attend 2 more on Easter Monday close to my parents, as I will be there for Easter.  Then on April 9 I will be speaking at the flag raising at Presbyterian/Montefiore.  I speak all the time, but I will admit I am a bit nervous about this, as it will be very emotional sharing Steve's story.  I will share again at 2 more closer to the end of the month closer home, in New Castle and Farrell.  I am honored to have been asked to share at these events as they are a big deal to raise awareness and say thank you to medical staff and all that have given.  

I haven't been to a hospital since Steve died, I haven't even seen a doctor, so this too makes me a bit nervous, but that is why I am attending 3 before I have to speak at one.  In the middle of all this, is of course Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter ... several days of preaching about remembering, death and resurrection.  I share all this to say, my emotional state in the month of April may not be the best.  I will get through and keep moving forward, but I already am preparing for the hard but will be looking for the good.  While I am sure these days and moments will be hard, I am praying they will also prove restorative and be a solid step forward.  Just as they say that April showers bring May flowers, I am praying that my tears shed in April, will bring new life in me as well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment