Today is Maundy Thursday - it's a day of remembering. Jesus and His disciples were together to remember the Passover. Remembering how God worked in the lives of their ancestors, freeing them from slavery in Egypt. When together, Jesus changed up what that Passover looked like by declaring the bread His body and the wine His blood and asked them to remember this a time when He would be freeing them and world from slavery to sin. Maundy Thursday is a special day, and we will hold a service tonight at 7PM when we will remember together all that God has done.
I spent this morning remembering, as I drove to Wexford and passed the restaurant of one of our first dates, and the church where he grew up and we attended when possible. I hadn't been to that area since before Steve died and I, again, found it harder than anticipated. Seeing the places, driving the roads where I almost only went with him flooded my mind with memories.
It's a day of remembering. Remembering our times together brings tears. But remembering that the work of Jesus, frees us from sin. And remembering that Jesus made a way for ALL of us and since Steve chose that way he is free from sickness and disease. That doesn't dry my eyes, but it sure does bring hope and helps the hurting heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment