Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Day Off



This week ...well the first 2 days were a bit more stressful than I liked so when friends offered me a place in their car for a day down south I took it.



We traveled to Sveti Naum. This is in the southwestern Macedonia. As you travel the number of minarets and roadside honey stands increase. The road is windy and the mountains can be slow - but the end result - WORTH IT!

A day when the hum of traffic is replaced with the hum of insects, instead of city dust there is clear water, nature and even a few peacocks. A day spent at the lake, in the sun and with friends... you can't get a much better day off than that!














1 comment:

  1. I would take a lake over the ocean every time! Sounds heavenly! Glad you got a respite...Sharon

    ReplyDelete