Tuesday, June 15, 2010

self- ...what???

Years ago I remember my older sister and I going through some boxes that I think were under a bed or in a closet somewhere... the details aren't important... I just remember us coming across some old report cards. I was doing the normal - who got better grades comparision (no one ever said I wasn't competitive) when my sister found my report card from either 1st or 2nd grade I do believe (one of those early grades where on the right sideof the report card there are lists of life skills that they comment on - do they still do that???) and on it found something she still reminds me of to this day. I had gotten a U (unsatisfactory) in demonstrates self control.
And today, almost 30 years later from that report card I am still wrestling with that. Why am I blogging about it now?? Because TODAY I got my birthday package from my parents... it is 12 days early!!! And on every package there is a note open June 27th- see even they know I haven't mastered that self-control thing from the second grade!!!
Can I really wait that long??
I have a guest here for a few days and I am actually thinking about asking her to hide the box so I have to hunt for it on my birthday after she leaves!!
I guess that teacher got it right...maybe I would give myself an N (needs improvement) now because the box is on my table and the packages are still unopened... but more because I am sitting here typing then me REALLY demonstrating self-control :)
So, now blog world - your job is to hold this control-less girl accountable and make sure I wait until June 27th to open everything!

1 comment:

  1. You're so funny! I remember opening Christmas presents when my parents were away and taping them shut again! Aren't you glad you waited (and obeyed your parent's note)?

    ReplyDelete