Yesterday brought with it another year. How is it that one day a year can do that? Actually, I will not bemoan my age...while of course I am getting older- good genes keeps me looking young and just having great friends keeps me acting that way too!
The day began with finding my facebook page full of birthday greeting, opening the gifts from my parents(YES, I waited!) and then heading to church. After that I spent the day with a couple of great friends we had a wonderful lunch with homemade pies for dessert and an afternoon of good conversation and watching Germany beat up on England in the World Cup.
While the whole day was really just splendid, I have to say the sweetest moment of the day was at Soul Craft. A friend's daughter was turning 8 yesterday as well. After the service we sang to her and then they sang to me. As soon as they were done this terrific 8 year old sticks out her hand and says Happy Birthday, while giving me a kiss on the check. It's an honor sharing my day with a girl like that!
Yes, you do look (and act) young! I hope you continue to feel young!!!
ReplyDelete