Saturday, January 2, 2010

So, today I was out my first purposeful walk of the New Year(yesterday was spent sleeping in and watching football and taking naps) :) I headed outside with a new playlist on my itouch and brisk step in my feet moving towards the park. I entered the park as U2 began singing "Beautiful Day" and I realized that yes, indeed, it was. Another blue sky day (thankful for so many so far this winter!)was the backdrop for my walk. The park was full of families, kids, couples and the occasional exerciser which was no surprise with the temperatures in the mid 50's. The bumper cars were going in the small kids amusement park, old couples sitting on benches talking about what I can only imagine being the 'good ol' days' and the like, small children playing soccer, ducks taking a lazy float down the river, a kite flying on the other side. Everyone seemingly enjoying this day to its fullest. As I turned the corner out of the park and headed home down small side streets full of cafes and people enjoying coffees and conversations. Just thinking through how important relationships,family and being with each other is here and making a mental note to work on this in my own life in this new year.

1 comment:

  1. ...reading between the lines and praying for days filled with important relationships and family this year...even so far across the ocean. May the coming days provide great clarity and instruction as you head into a new year. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete