Tuesday, February 24, 2026

The Mundane

 It's one of those days ... just kind of blah.  The sky is blah, the temperature is blah, I am feeling a little blah.  But in all that I feel like writing, I am just not sure what to write about, so I guess I will tell you about an opportunity that is ahead of me and that is to be a CORE Advocate.  CORE is the Center for Organ Recovery and Education and since Steve was a recipient and a donor, they have asked that I would consider volunteering for them.  Volunteering could be manning tables at events, being present at events or speaking at events and assemblies.  I am fairly excited about this, as I wouldn't have met, gotten to know or marry Steve without someone else saying yes to donation and now, even in my loss of him, there is a woman breathing because she has his lungs.  I want others to experience life, have a longer life, have a better quality of life and all that can be done through organ and tissue donation.  

I am also contemplating attending the transplant games in Denver this summer. This was something we had talked about not long after his second transplant, but it never happened and so now, I am going to try to go and just maybe, run the 5k which is something the donor families can participate in - but I have to be able to run 5k before then so I better start training, just need this snow to go away. Because sure why not run my first 5k in the mile high city - let's do all the challenges at once - that sounds about right for my life.  

So, sitting here on a blah day, I am trying to plan - which I am horrible at - planning was his job, but maybe I am progressing a little and I will make my way forward being a CORE advocate and maybe running a 5k. I will keep you updated on the running part. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment