This is a Celtic saying that means -Travellers have tales to tell... and that I do. I find myself briefly home after having been in Vienna, Austria and then Penang, Malaysia and soon to be headed to Croatia. And while I will always have more things to add to this list I thought I would begin now as to not overwhelm.
- Who knew volcanoes in countries not even close by could radically change your plans.
- It's amazing how calm train and airline workers can still be after dealing with frantic travelers for multiple days.
- In certain countries restaurants compete for your business by standing outside and trying to talk you inside their establishments. This isn't such a bad thing until you turn a corner and find yourself on a street lined with said restaurants after you have just finished your meal. This can be a bit overwhelming.
- When you are an obvious foreigner be ready to be on the other end of many staring eyes.
- No matter how frustrated you may find yourself with the aggressiveness of the locals, remember your manners, less you be reminded. ie...one guy says to me " you have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen" I kept walking - he yelled after me "you are suppose to say thank you"
- Decide beforehand which is more important - time or money - you may find yourself regretting this decision halfway into 50+ hours of travel to get somewhere.
- When you decide money is more important and have been traveling many hours without sleep, don't let the foil-sealed water containers fool you - they can be tough to open.
- Also know that no bra is designed for that many hours of traveling.
- You can even learn things about food on airplanes - like foul medames are beans!
- Parkas may be a carry-on essential when traveling through desert countries because they like to have winter inside.
Just a few tidbits to enlighten you in your future travels. I am sure after the next 12+ hour car trip I will have more to add so stay tuned!
-
Bras are not designed to wear, period.
ReplyDelete